Listen To The Episode Here
Linda Galindo was a journalist and radio news personality before getting into consulting. Currently, as an accountability expert, she helps bring accountability to organizations at the leadership level. Linda is also the author of The 85% Solution and Way to Grow! On this episode, Linda talks to John on how entrepreneurs can create a better company culture and get out of the babysitting mentality with underperforming employees.
- 03:22 – How did Linda come up with her tag line?
- 04:50 – How did Linda become an accountability expert?
- 07:35 – Linda talks about her book, The 85% Solution.
- 11:15 – Stuff happens, but will you make up excuses when it does?
- 13:00 – What do people do when they take responsibility? Linda lists the top 3 behaviors.
- 15:15 – Don’t rescue, fix or save underperformers.
- 17:50 – How can entrepreneurs create an open company culture?
- 21:45 – If you don’t know the answer to something, don’t lie about it.
- 23:15 – How can companies get out of the ‘babysitter’ university?
- 26:45 – You want to get rid of your high-maintenance employees as quickly as possible.
- 29:10 – Accountability in the company is a competitive advantage.
- 29:55 – However, you cannot mandate accountability, you can only demonstrate it.
- 32:30 – Linda recommends How to Be a Power Connector by Judy Robinett
- 34:15 – Don’t forget to connect with Linda!
[Tweet “Accountability = invisibility.”]
[Tweet “No meeting after the meeting.”]
[Tweet “Can’t mandate accountability only demonstrate it.”]
[Tweet “Don’t rescue, fix or save underperformers.”]
John Livesay Funding Strategist
Linda Galindo’s Website
Linda Galindo’s Facebook
Linda Galindo’s Twitter
The 85% Solution by Linda Galindo
Way to Grow! by Linda Galindo
How to Be a Power Connector by Judy Robinett
Why Leaders Can’t Lead by Warren G. Bennis
Want the Transcription?
Crack The Funding Code!
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I’d love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’
- John Livesay Facebook
- John Livesay Twitter
- John Livesay LinkedIn
- John Livesay YouTube