Listen To The Episode Here
Andrew Goldner is the co-founder of GrowthX, a trust-network of innovators and investors. GrowthX is more than just a venture capital fund because it focuses on generating value for others first, before making a pretty penny. Prior to starting GrowthX, Andrew was a global business leader and senior technology consultant. Andrew discusses with John on what makes GrowthX different, as well as why startup founders do not need to move locations to build their vision.
What Was Covered
- 01:50 – How did Andrew go from Reuters to becoming a VC?
- 05:15 – You don’t have to move locations to get funded.
- 08:10 – What is the vision of GrowthX?
- 09:00 – Unless your customers are in that expensive zip code, why even move there?
- 11:45 – GrowthX will be featuring the founders’ faces on their website instead of their company logos.
- 14:25 – GrowthX plays for the long term and is more intently focused on building stronger relationships than bigger and better profits.
- 16:50 – When you first join a startup, it’s best to just sit and listen to those around you before acting.
- 18:55 – What kind of attitude does it take to become a good startup founder?
- 21:15 – How can startup founders remain focused?
- 23:25 – Remember, you have a set of priorities and others need to respect that.
- 24:30 – Don’t mistake ‘being busy’ as ‘making progress’.
- 28:00 – Is the fund you’re trying to reach really the right fit for your vision?
- 29:25 – How hard is it really to change someone’s behavior? Andrew explains.
- 32:35 – Visit Growthx.com for more info!
Want the Transcription?
Crack The Funding Code!
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I’d love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’