Listen To The Episode Here
Bob Burg is best known for his book Endless Referrals as well as The Go-Giver, co-authored with John David Mann. Bob makes an excellent point that if you give value to the people you serve it will not only make you a happier person, but it will also increase your financial success. He breaks down what the main difference is between price and value and why you always want to give more value than the price. Listen in for more great tidbits from Bob.
What Was Covered
- 02:30 – How did Bob come up with the title for the book?
- 02:55 – A title to a book is like a headline to a sales letter.
- 03:45 – Giving is not only a great way to live a life, but it’s also a financially profitable one.
- 04:45 – What’s the difference between price and value?
- 06:45 – Value is conceptual. Give more in value than you receive in payment.
- 07:10 – Focus on providing your clients with a valuable experience.
- 08:10 – You need to become irresistible to investors and the best way to do that is by showing value.
- 08:20 – What was the most helpful advice Bob received?
- 10:25 – How important is empathy?
- 12:10 – What should the first question always be?
- 14:10 – Nobody gets funded by doing this alone. How do you find the right advisers/mentors?
- 17:35 – The go-giver philosophy makes sense in a very practical way. Bob explains further.
- 20:05 – The worst thing we can do is expect other people to see happiness the way we see happiness.
- 20:25 – Remember, we all have limits.
- 21:15 – As a go-giver, it’s your job to find out what makes others happy and give it to them.
- 23:15 – How do people create influence?
- 25:55 – Last piece of advice: tap into your core and don’t be someone you’re not.
- 27:35 – We got a lot of negative messages from the world saying people are mean and nasty, but it couldn’t be further from the truth.
Crack The Funding Code!
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I’d love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’