Listen To The Podcast Here
Nellie Akalp is a passionate entrepreneur, small business advocate, and mother of four. She was named one of the top 100 Small Businesses Influencers in 2014 and sold one of her companies in 2005 to Intuit for $20 million dollars. Nellie is currently the CEO of CorpNet, an online legal documenting filing service. Nellie provides valuable insight as to what corporation you should get if you’re seeking funding, whether or not you should register your company for trademark, and much, much more on today’s episode.
- 02:05 – How did Nellie get started as an entrepreneur?
- 04:30 – You have to love and be passionate in what you do in order to be successful.
- 07:00 – Nellie talks about her company, CorpNet.
- 10:45 – Social media is about helping others, not about promoting yourself.
- 12:30 – What kind of legal work should be done before approaching a VC?
- 19:55 – What’s the difference between trademarks, copyrights, and patents?
- 23:00 – If you have a great name, take the time to get it trademarked.
- 25:50 – At the end of a web development project, make sure you get an assignment of the rights to that code.
- 29:10 – Nellie recommends the book Delivering Happiness by Tony Hsieh.
Want the Transcription?
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I’d love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’