Listen To The Episode Here
Claudia Iannazzo is the General Partner at Pereg Ventures, an early-stage venture capital firm. On average, Claudia hears of approximately 1,500 pitches a year, but only 5 of those actually get funded. Claudia shares her criteria on what she looks for in an entrepreneur, but also reveals an interesting insight. Despite not believing in the entrepreneur at first, she has funded them in the end, because they were able to prove their idea and their worth later down the line.
What Was Covered
- 03:20 – How did Claudia get started?
- 06:50 – If you don’t make it easy, you’ll get excluded.
- 10:50 – What is the difference between working in Australia vs. U.S.?
- 11:00 – When Claudia left Australia, she vowed never to start a company there ever again.
- 13:15 – Is investing in a company like a marriage? Claudia says it can be worse than a marriage.
- 14:50 – When Pereg Ventures invests, they get actively involved with the company.
- 17:55 – How are entrepreneurs opening new doors for their customers?
- 20:55 – A warm introduction is always best, but if you can’t get one, don’t be afraid to try a cold one.
- 21:50 – What makes Claudia want to invest in a particular entrepreneur? What are her criteria?
- 24:15 – Out of 500 companies, Claudia will only like 100 of them. 50 of them are worth a closer look. 10 wil
- 26:30 – By 2017, CMOs will spend more on technology than their CIO counterparts.
- 27:35 – Claudia recommends reading sci-fi books.
Want the Transcription?
Crack The Funding Code!
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I’d love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’