Listen To The Episode Here
Katherine Hill Ritchie has over 20 years of business operational experience and 13 years of investment experience with family offices, private equity, hedge fund due diligence, and more. She talks on how founders can successfully connect with a family office representative, as well as the do’s and don’ts of a great presentation. Katherine also discusses her involvement with 100 Women in Hedge Funds and the various charity causes the group has raised money for.
- 03:15 – How did Katherine get into the hedge fund business?
- 08:35 – Raising funding from families is much more flexible.
- 08:45 – It’s all about relationships.
- 11:35 – Be professional when you’re pitching a family.
- 12:00 – Families are less likely to want an exit strategy from you.
- 13:45 – How can you connect with a family office representative?
- 17:30 – Don’t forget to follow up, follow up, and follow up.
- 19:55 – What are the presentation do’s and don’ts?
- 22:40 – Does Katherine focus on one family or work with multiple ones?
- 24:10 – When would a startup founder hire Katherine?
- 25:55 – What does Katherine like to look for in a team?
- 27:35 – Katherine talks about 100 Women in Hedge Funds.
- 29:50 – What’s the best pitch Katherine has ever heard?
- 31:55 – What’s the best pitch Katherine has ever heard?
- 33:10 – Katherine recommends a couple of books.
[Tweet “Family offices will sign NDAs”]
[Tweet “Family offices are flexible with terms.”]
[Tweet “Family investors look for founder dedication.”]
Want the Transcription?
Crack The Funding Code!
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I’d love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’
- John Livesay Facebook
- John Livesay Twitter
- John Livesay LinkedIn
- John Livesay YouTube