Listen To The Podcast Here
Danny Cohen is the General Partner at Carmel Ventures, which is based out of Israel and has been a Venture Capitalist for the past 15 years. He says his company receives over 500 pitches a year, yet they only do about 7 deals. He gives the honest truth about what a VC looks for in an entrepreneur and talks to John about his favorite pitch, successful startups, and much more.
- 02:00 – Why did Danny decide to become a VC?
- 05:10 – The amazing story behind Watch Doc being sold to Blackberry.
- 09:10 – What is OutBrain?
- 12:15 – You can’t fire your investor, which is why you have to choose them carefully.
- 17:50 – The entrepreneur has to understand the market dynamics and their customer base.
- 20:55 – Don’t try to raise funds all in one week. Schedule 3-4 meetings, get feedback, and try it again.
- 23:45 – Danny really loves business books catered around sports.
Want the Transcription?
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I’d love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’