Listen To The Episode Here
David Desharnais is the CMO and Senior VP at TraxPay and an advisor for several different investment companies. David has won a number of awards including the International Funding Deal of the Year Award and the Business Excellence Award. David explains how he and his team fixed a major problem in the finance industry and how he even turned his competitors into avid investors for the company.
- 00:01:50 – Why is David a ‘geek who can speak’?
- 00:03:45 – How did David go from being an engineer to an advisor?
- 00:09:10 – David talks about the team aspect in a company.
- 00:12:00 – How did David win the International Funding Deal of the Year award?
- 00:20:20 – TraxPay’s first round was $4m and on the second round raised $15m.
- 00:23:55 – David and his team got his competitors to be his investors.
- 00:25:00 – The difference between a first round pitch and a second round pitch?
- 00:27:15 – How did David win the Business Excellence Award?
- 00:29:45 – The same day David’s team announced TraxPay, Apple Pay was also announced.
- 00:31:25 – David highly recommends The Hard Thing About Hard Things book by Ben Horowitz.
- 00:33:20 – You can follow David on Twitter @DaveDesharnais.
Want the Transcription?
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I’d love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’