Listen To The Podcast Here
Chris Hanks has owned multiple businesses in the music, ecommerce, publishing, and export industry. He is the co-author of the bestselling book, School for Startups and currently runs the KSU Entrepreneurship Center at Kennesaw State University. Chris is a big advocate for getting out of your comfort zone and tells the audience, ‘when in doubt, go do’. He talks on why it’s so important for leaders to have clarity in their business and if you want to grab an investor’s attention, you have to give them goosebumps when they hear your pitch.
- 02:25 – Why does Chris teach entrepreneurship?
- 04:10 – When in doubt, go do. We learn through actions and things that scare us.
- 05:00 – When did Chris decide he wanted to be an entrepreneur?
- 07:30 – What does a business appraiser do?
- 09:20 – Ask yourself, ‘How do I reduce risk in the mind of the investor?’
- 11:15 – You have to be very clear in your milestones with your startup business.
- 14:15 – Chris talks on how he got to know Jim Beach.
- 17:00 – You don’t have to wait for passion or creativity to start a business. Just go out and do it.
- 19:15 – With clarity comes power. Be super clear on what you want for your business.
- 19:55 – What makes you CEO worthy?
- 21:20 – Ask yourself, ‘So what’?
- 22:15 – About 20% of Chris’s students are female.
- 23:45 – Goosebumps always sell. Give your investors goosebumps.
- 26:15 – Chris names all of his pitch approaches after musicians. His pitches can range from the Kayne West approach to the John Lennon approach.
- 27:55 – Instead of telling an investor what you do, tell them what you believe.
- 29:00 – Chris recommends a couple of books every entrepreneur should read.
- 30:15 – You can reach Chris on LinkedIn and through Kennesay State University.
Want the Transcription?
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I’d love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’