Listen To The Podcast Here
Scott Eddy was named the Top 10 Global Travel Influencer on Klout and he is also the Global Brand Ambassador for the startup Zipkick. Scott believes the R in ROI stands for relationships and he talks to John on how he was able to develop a 608,000 Twitter following based on this philosophy. Scott Eddy has lived all over the world and shares how he went from being a stock broker to a digital nomad.
- 02:10 – Scott shares a little bit of his background.
- 04:30 – You have to be genuine and really believe in the product you’re pitching. People can tell when you’re not.
- 05:45 – Saying what’s on your mind doesn’t work as well anymore. Storytelling can really make people pay attention.
- 08:30 – The only way you can build a whole new network is on social media.
- 11:15 – Twitter is so transparent. It’s the only place where you can see what the competition is doing.
- 13:00 – What is Zipkick?
- 18:55 – KLM is using social media to help book people’s flights.
- 21:05 – Scott is the same person on social media as he is in person. Be yourself. Faking till you make it doesn’t always work.
- 22:25 – Scott loves podcasts and recommends Gary Vaynerchuk and Grant Cardone.
- 24:20 – Favorite place in the world? Scott love Thailand.
- 26:50 – VCs in South East Asia ask for a short video clip along with a startup’s pitch.
- 28:35 – Scott shares some Twitter tips. Build your personal brand first, always follow back, and more.
- 31:05 – Zipkick will be releasing in the next few weeks
[Tweet “I always say the R in ROI definitely stands for relationships”]
[Tweet “If you don’t have the skills to be a storyteller, practice it.”]
[Tweet “Storytelling used to mean you were a liar 10 years ago. Now, it means you have a compelling way to express your ideas.”]
[Tweet “Chase the conversation, not the big names.”]
Want the Transcription?
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I’d love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’