Listen To The Podcast Here
Nasir Ali is an angel investor for Seed Capital Fund, the co-founder of a non-profit called Upstate Venture Connect, and he’s the managing director for StartFast Venture Accelerator. Nasir shares his insights on what his companies look for in a pitch and the importance of coachability in an entrepreneur. Nasir believes data will point you to all the right answers and shares an example of a company who had to pivot four times based on new data they had collected.
- 01:55 – Nasir shares his story on why he loves startups.
- 05:00 – What’s the Seed Capital Fund’s process?
- 06:20 – What does Nasir look for in a pitch?
- 08:20 – Nasir explains common pitch mistakes new entrepreneurs make.
- 10:55 – Nasir talks about Chequed and what they did right in their pitch.
- 15:50 – How does Nasir help startups?
- 20:00 – Coachability is sometimes a double-edged sword, but it’s a critical key in an entrepreneur.
- 21:25 – It’s always about the data. The data will lead you towards or away from an action.
- 21:55 – Nasir shares a story about SpinCar and how they pivoted four times.
- 27:20 – What does StartFast’s demo day entail?
- 30:00 – Nasir talks Upstate Venture Connect.
- 33:30 – Recommended reading? Startup Communities by Brad Feld and The Rainforest by Victor Hwang and Greg Horowitt.
[Tweet “Be coachable not impressionable.”]
[Tweet “Great investors solve unknown needs of founders.”]
[Tweet “Explain the problem you solve in a way that is easy to understand.”]
Want the Transcription?
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I’d love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’
- John Livesay Facebook
- John Livesay Twitter
- John Livesay LinkedIn
- John Livesay YouTube