Listen To The Episode Here
Geri Stengel is the president for Ventureneer and is a regular contributor for Forbes, QuickBooks, and Turnstone. Geri is known for being a serial entrepreneur, teacher, and author of the book, Forget the Glass Ceiling. Geri talks on how to design your elevator pitch in such a way that it grabs attention. She also talks about how important it is for entrepreneurs to be agile learners, people with curiosity, and have the ability to tolerate ambiguity.
- 00:02:15 – What was the business culture like at Dow Jones?
- 00:03:00 – Geri explains a little bit more of her background and what she has done.
- 00:04:30 – What is the difference between men and women founders?
- 00:06:45 – It’s important to show investors that you are trustworthy.
- 00:09:15 – Geri explains further on an article she wrote for QuickBooks.
- 00:12:10 – Equity crowdfunding or traditional angels?
- 00:15:10 – Only about 3% of accredited investors are angel investors.
- 00:18:40 – Investors want entrepreneurs to be coachable.
- 00:23:00 – Reward-based crowdfunding is a great way to test the waters.
- 00:25:15 – Geri talks about her book.
- 00:27:25 – Follow Geri @VentureNeer on Twitter.
Want the Transcription?
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I’d love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’