30 Oct TSP031 | Mike Edelhart – Hunting beyond the Unicorn
Listen To The Podcast Here
Mike Edelhart is the lead partner for the Social Starts moment-of-inception investment fund and CEO of the Tomorrow Project.
- 02:30 – How did Mike become an angel investor?
- 07:40 – The team is incredibly important. This can not be emphasized enough.
- 10:00 – Mike believes a good team understands clearly what the company’s mission is.
- 11:46 – Great teams follow their leader with discipline, but not with rigidity.
- 13:25 – Becoming a unicorn is an outcome, not a cause.
- 14:40 – Having the desire to become an entrepreneur isn’t normal.
- 17:00 – Leaders who believe in themselves, their team, and can remain calm when everything goes wrong instills confidence in their team.
- 18:20 – How did Pinterest get started?
- 24:55 – Why did Mike and his team invest in Pinterest in the beginning?
- 27:45 – Entrepreneurs make the common mistake in thinking all investors are the same and they don’t do their homework.
- 30:00 – Mike talks about the rabbit archetype in business.
- 30:50 – Mike breaks down the tortoise archetype.
- 32:45 – What’s the idea behind the bear archetype?
- 36:15 – The final power animal in business is the hawk. Mike explains further.
- 40:00 – Mike recommends the book Extraordinary Popular Delusions and The Madness of Crowds
Want the Transcription?
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I’d love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’