01 May Main Street Entreprenuer-Build Your Dream Company, Michael Glauser | TSP057
Listen To The Episode Here
Michael Glauser describes himself as an entrepreneur anthropologist. He is an entrepreneur, an educator, and the author of Main Street Entrepreneur. In the book, he traveled 4,000 miles on his bicycle to interview entrepreneurs all throughout the United States. He says one of the things that helped him keep going was by changing his mindset from ‘how are you feeling?’ to ‘how are you thinking?’ That question alone gives him inspiration and the will to carry on.
What Was Covered
- 02:20 – What was it like having someone try to buy Michael’s company when he wasn’t even selling?
- 05:30 – Why did Michael ride 4,000 miles on his bicycle to meet entrepreneurs?
- 07:20 – Michael wanted to find entrepreneurs who are succeeding in this new economy.
- 07:45 – It’s important to talk to as many founders as possible so you can learn some of the mistakes they made.
- 09:20 – Business is all about strong relationships, so you’ll always be pitching your business.
- 11:35 – What is NERCM?
- 18:00 – How can you build a good advisory board?
- 21:10 – Want to find some new mentors? Start with people you know first.
- 23:30 – You’re better off keeping the position open than hiring the wrong person. Michael shares a story about this.
- 23:55 – Teamwork is tough. It’s hard to build a strong team.
- 25:45 – When looking for investors, it has to be a win-win relationship for both you and them.
- 26:25 – Who has zealous tenacity?
- 29:15 – How did Michael manage and properly plan out the bike ride?
- 30:45 – Change ‘how are you feeling?’ to ‘how are you thinking?’
- 32:25 – Final thoughts? Anybody can do this. Anybody can build a mainstream business.
- 33:35 – 70% of us are unengaged at work. We don’t like the work and we don’t like our jobs.
- 33:55 – With the rise of technology, there may not be enough jobs in the next few years, which is why you should create your own.
Crack The Funding Code!
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I’d love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’