01 Jun Grit To Great, Linda Kaplan Thaler | TSP062
Listen To The Episode Here
Linda Kaplan has helped create fantastic advertising campaigns throughout the industry, including the Aflac Duck, and she has composed famous jingles such as “Kodak Moments” and “I’m a Toys ‘R’ Us Kid.” Linda is also the co-author of Grit to Great and discusses with John how any entrepreneur can become extraordinary with these four characteristics – Guts, Resilience, Initiative, and Tenacity.
What Was Covered
- 04:10 – What lessons did Linda learn from growing up in the Bronx?
- 08:10 – Linda talks about James Patterson’s grit.
- 09:45 – Why did Linda and Robin write Grit to Great?
- 10:20 – Only 2% of prodigies become somebody or do something with their lives.
- 11:55 – So many successful people grew up ordinary and did not have the “IT” factor. However, they did have the GRIT factor.
- 12:10 – GRIT stands for Guts, Resilience, Initiative, and Tenacity.
- 15:25 – None of you are special.
- 15:45 – The only reason why Linda made it was because she was resilient.
- 16:15 – How can somebody become resilient?
- 16:45 – It took James Dyson 15 years to create a better vacuum.
- 18:55 – Pivot, pivot, pivot until you find something that works.
- 20:35 – Linda shares a story on how her small advertising agency was able to win the Wendy’s account.
- 26:00 – The most important thing you can do is make your bed in the morning.
- 26:50 – Break your problems into smaller problems and tackle the smaller pieces one by one.
Want the Transcription?
Crack The Funding Code!
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I’d love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’