11 Apr TSP054 | Adam Quinton – Pitching To A Top Angel
Listen To The Episode Here
Adam Quinton is the founder of Lucas Point Ventures, an early seed stage investment company. Adam talks about both his investment strategy and philosophy on today’s show. He also shares his thoughts on what makes a successful pitch as well as gives valuable advice on how a founder can prepare for that second meeting.
What Was Covered
- 03:35 – How did Adam get started?
- 05:45 – What are the three things Adam looks for in a pitch?
- 07:45 – Why will your product work now?
- 08:30 – If you haven’t got a co-founder now, find one.
- 08:50 – Multiple co-founders can help with stress.
- 11:45 – Don’t fill your pitch with lots of facts, because ultimately it’s about you.
- 12:30 – Adam doesn’t like video product demos.
- 14:35 – How can you place yourself in front of the right investor?
- 17:25 – Why did Adam invest in Snaps?
- 19:55 – Does Adam like a particular startup genre?
- 21:55 – What’s Adam’s investment philosophy?
- 26:00 – Would Adam invest in the competitor of a company he has already backed?
- 27:45 – Adam shares a pitch he loved back in 2012.
- 29:05 – A husband and wife were the founding team of Rapmedia.
- 31:05 – How does a founder prepare for the second meeting?
- 34:55 – Is it important for founders to have an exit strategy?
- 36:40 – Adam recommends three books.
How to Make Your Startup Irresistible to Investors in 5 Easy Steps Webinar
Lucas Point Ventures
Adam Quinton LinkedIn
Venture Deals by Brad Feld
What Every Angel Investor Wants You to Know by Brian Cohen
Startupland by Mikkel Svane
Want the Transcription?
Crack The Funding Code!
Share The Show
Did you enjoy the show? I’d love it if you subscribed today and left us a 5-star review!
- Click this link
- Click on the ‘Subscribe’ button below the artwork
- Go to the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ section
- Click on ‘Write a Review’